Ble extension no longer works

Understood. There's a possibility, isn't there.

The downloaded .apk is working fine on the Xiaomi Pad 6 device.
I will rename the .apk to .zip and try to extract and analyze it.
Thank you.

Why? I don't think this helps in any way.

I'm facing the same issue. I have developed an app for the ESP32-S3 that started having problems loading with AI Companion 2 a few days ago but now encounters crashes during device connection.

The app recently started loading successfully on AI Companion 2 after previous failures.

Crashing occurs specifically when connecting to the ESP32 device via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).

while troubleshooting I observed that deleting the "Register for Strings" blocks stops the app from crashing when connected to the BLE device but Incorporating it again in the code leads to crashes.

Removing the "Register for Strings" blocks prevents crashes but disables essential communication with the BLE device.

can someone please help?

Esp32_Motor_controller3.aia (1.7 MB)

Do not request any permissions at all, neither FINE_LOCATION nor BT permissions. The current version of the BLE extension requests these automatically. And enable NoLocationNeeded in the Designer.

See also here:

Also watch

for new BLE version news.

I see.

By the way, I'd like to inquire about the behavior of BLE_permListDevConnect_allAndroid_2a.apk.

In a previous post, I replied with "It works fine on the Xiaomi Pad 6 device," which was consistent with the screenshot.
However, when I touch the ESP32 scanned in the ListView, can I confirm whether the BLE connection was successful?

In my initial post, I wrote, "freezes on touch of list view." but "freeze" was incorrect. To rephrase, it means "no response from ESP32," which is the same state as "received data not displayed in the TextBox."

Also, the meaning of "true, Perm. grated, Perm. grated" displayed at the bottom is unclear.

Thank you for your reply.
I will give it a try.

AI Companion connecting but not loading project, Build working ok.

Why can't I load a project with an empty block of code, only importing an extension?

Is it different from include or import in c, java, etc.?

It would be nice if the ble extension had a timeout error handling in loading after AI Companion is connected.

I tried BLE_permListDevConnect_allAndroid.apk.

BLE connection was successful on Xiaomi Pad 6 and Nexus 7 (2013) devices.

In AI Companion, I have tried the case of empty block code with only import other extention.

So far, all the Xiaomi Pad 6 devices have NG project load (connection is made), Nexus 7 (2013) is OK.

In addition, in Build, Xiaomi Pad 6 and Nexus 7 (2013) devices are OK.

It's a pity, because I have been connected with AI Companion for 6 months now and have been developing apps comfortably.

I believe that even an extension with empty content will not load, but I will try to create that to understand the extension.

I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with an extension that is empty (just an icon).

No issue loading your project here however, ble extension is outdated so try updating it and see if it helps..

P.S. ble extension was updated two days ago

1 Like

I found “MIT AI2 Companion Version:2.71” on the device I was looking for and tried it. AI Companion is OK.

Version: 2.71t3u is NG.

Dear
Many thanks for your help.
I have a similar issue with companion and extension.
only with Android 14 Samsung A72, Samsung A53 and Motorola G23 ) i have this isseue:
as described from 818macot when you add an aextension the companion stop to refresh the display on smrtphone.
i have tried with different extensions: bluetoothLE (different version), LocationStatus from ANKE.
I think there have been changes to A2I that have created this problem.
I have other projects compiled on July 16, 2024 that have the same extensions that if I install them on the smartphones listed above using the apk generated in July do not cause any problems, if I open the projects and run them with companion I do not even get to the main screen.

Are you comfortable using adb logcat? If you log the connection process to the point where the main screen should display in the companion and send it to me it might help me narrow down the issue.

Try this one:

and post a screenshot like this:

By the way, it also works with Companion without any problems.

grafik

i don't know logcat, but i can check it and try to log.
i will write back when i have log
thanks

this apk works, but also my old apk works.
I can't make change or develope a new one on android 14. now i wil got to try logcat

This app was created with the current AI2 version (targetSdkVersion=34) and the latest version of the BLE extension (Date Built: 2024-08-22). And as you can see from my screenshot, it runs perfectly on an Android 14 device.