Data not saving

RPIC means Remote Pilot in Command. It is not unique. The date is so maybe I should that instead?

I would imagine you would have more than one RPIC in play on a single date.

Could an RPIC generate more than one record per date?

You are getting into spreadsheet territory here.

ABG,

The app is designed for a single user, so the RPIC will only have 1 entry per day, per date.

Now, I could use the date as my key field because typically I only do one flight per day.

Does this sound reasonable?

Tim,

I have never used the CloudDB before, so this is new territory for me. I will give it a try and see how it works out.

Thanks again to both of you.

I suggest using the date/time as the top level tag in TinyDB, and store a record (single dimensional list) under that tag as the value of what happened on that flight.

There is an advanced TinyDB block that can return all the values in TinyDB as a list, effectively giving you a two dimensional table of all flights, in time order (if you format your tags right.)

Since TinyDB is a bit of a catch-all for all apps in the Companion, I suggest setting the namespace of TinyDB to 'flights' in your app to keep the flights separate from flotsam and jetsam from other apps.

This also helps if you want to clean out records by date later.

ABG,

I will try that one as well as Tims method.

Thank you both for the help.

Tim,

Here are my results using your method. Hope this helps you understand what I am trying to do.

Thanks gain.

.FontSize?

That's how big the text looks.

You need .Text to show what got retrieved.

Also, you should load the taglist into Elements, not ElementsFromString if you want to avoid the leading and trailing marks caused by stringifying the list of tags.

Finally, if you want the tag list to appear in chronological get the year in front of the tag, followed by month then day. The Clock component has a good FormatDateTime block that can eat a Date Picker Instant and return yyyy.MM.dd text for a more sort-friendly tag.

I made your changes and still got the same results. I have never used the Cloud before so this is cool to learn even at my age.

Thanks again!

Blocks look ok.

What is your cloudDB like in the designer:

and show an example value of a date you are storing.

What results?

Good results or bad results?

(Canned Reply: ABG- Export & Upload .aia)
Export your .aia file and upload it here.

export_and_upload_aia

Those backward slashes (\) in the Date Picker .Text then into tags are trouble.

You need two filters, and a different tag format yyyyMMdd for CloudDB.

• One to take the tag list and element by element turn it into a list of readable dates for the List Picker Elements

• One to take the List Picker Selection and turn it back into yyyyMMdd format for the CloudDB retrieval.

You will also need a bit of code to take the Date Picker Instant and format into yyyyMMdd for the CloudDB tag on its way into CloudDB.

Also, do you really need a dozen unnamed Labels to show the retreieved data when you already have well named Textboxes?

Question,

I was reading that CloudDB is only for testing and not for production. Is this true?

clouddb
DroneLog.aia (167.0 KB)

Yes.

But you can go get your own server.

ABG and Tim,

It looks like I won't be able to use CloudDB because I won't be able to get my own server, seeing as the app is only going to be used by a handful of people.

I feel bad for wasting your time helping me with this one. I will continue to use TinyDB for now on this project. Thank you both so much for helping me out.

Then use firebase

Ai2's spreadsheet component can also handle a small app like this, if you need sharing of data in Google Sheets.

Thank you ABG, I will look into it.

Tim,

I'll read up on it and see if this will work for me.

Thanks