Error 706 extension taifun file extension

This

returns a list of filenames but NOT a filename

You could have found it out yourself if you knew how to use Do it...

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

And if you want to use the FileList method, then you should use it correctly... the directory name is nor a directory, but a filename...

Taifun

i am changing the code using refresh gallery but dont save the image in the route using the timer
where is the error? i dont gave an error please help me

Incrementing contador before doing a gallery refresh obviously will not refresh your latest stored canvas

Taifun

its not possible save canvas images using timer?

i am changing the blocks but dont work. dont save in the route.

Well, take another look at the corrected screenshot I previously sent and put the Gallery Refresh block in front of the Canvas..SaveAs block...

It looks like you do not really lnow what you are doing... putting blocks randomly together will not help ..

Taifun

i am not pushing blocks randomly i am trying to use the guide blocks in pure vida apps with a logic. maybe my poor experience using extension and my intermediate level logic can be confuse. sorry about that but my objective is save the canvas animation inside the windows canvas using the block save canvas filename in a list of images

And don't forget to set the default file storage in the properties of the project to Shared... else the images will be stored in ASD

In case after doong this, there still is no image in directory /Download, then try to use a relative path to store the file, i.e. /Download/...jpg

Taifun

Your blocks make no sense at all, and neither does the title of your topic ("Error 706"). First explain exactly what you are planning and what the goal is (step by step).

See also here:

Btw, the TaifunTools.GalleryRefresh method works only with an absolute path, as I've pointed out multiple times (e.g. /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/...).

ok i understand my project is make a list of images saved using the block canvas save as filename using taifun file and taifun tools. my blocks are in the part top. my step for working first is using a button to enable a clock and the clock can collect every image saved using block canvas save as filename.

Use the correct default file scope

and the correct blocks

then try again
If you still have issues, post a screenshot of your updated relevant blocks

Taifun

i am changing the code using your hint

but the images are saved in this route
/storage/emulated/0/Download/Android/data/com.rpa.ai2offline.companion/files

how can make to use the route
/storage/emulated/0/Download/imagenescreadas/ to save my list images?

Taifun

where is the default properties shared?. in screen properties?. please help i cant found the default properties shared

You must use DefaultFileScope = Legacy and this works only on Screen1:

how can display this?. where is in the design windows? thanks a lot for help

Default file scope shared should work
If not, this would be a bug

Taifun

Yes, but I prefer Legacy, because some methods do not work with Shared (at least with the File component).