I get Bluetooth error 908 but the app still works fine

Hi there, I'm developping a simple app where I connect in BLE with a nrfDK an retrieve a bunch of sensor data.
Everything seems to work the way I want but everytime, on the launch of the app I get the error message "error 908" (see picture bellow)

I would like to get ride of this message, if you have any idea I would be really glad.
My block to ask for permission looks like that :

Thanks.

The most recent BLE extension handles permissions for you.

Thanks for your reply, I'm using the Extension Version: 20230728, I believe it's the last one that you mentionned but it doesn't fix the issue. Did I miss something in your answer ?

If you want to use Bluetooth, you could try using Bluetooth client like I used in one of my applications. To be honest I don't know what happened wrong in your app..... Here's the code I did. The application I was doing is different so you could use buttons for on and off

Thanks for the reply, Do you think I can I use the Bluetooth Client for BLE ? I never tried before.

You should not use classic BT together with BLE.
You can try to set the permissions in your phone directly.
And, what I see in your blocks, you start scanning before you know that the permission has been granted. Move those blocks to the "when Screen1.PermissionGranted" block.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I already gave the permissions in my phone and it's kinda weird but when I do as you say and I put the scan after the permission is granted I'm not able to connect to my device. I guess the permsission is already set because it's not the first time I'm using the app but then it means the permission isn't granted even if it's set on the phone ?
Sorry for the newbie question I'm trying to understand.

You also have to wait for the granting of bluetooth_scan.

But actually, maybe you do not need to ask for the permissions at all, because the latest BLE extension is supposed to do that for you. Try it.

1 Like

Yes I tried on the AI companion to remove the ask for permission and it worked perfectly, I will try it once I build it.
Thank you.

I tried it after building and it seems to work well tanks a lot :slight_smile: !

And please search the forum (beforehand):

1 Like

Thanks for answer, I looked in the forum before posting my question and I may have missed it sorry. I'm still new so I think I was not efficient in my search.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.