MIT App Inventor for iOS Version 2.64.6 in TestFlight

I have this version 2.64.6 (6) running in my iPhone. It is open-download in the App Store public for all.

The Test Flicht has the Companion iOS app. See you:

Off course you must follow this link from your iPhone:
Join the MIT App Inventor beta - TestFlight - Apple

Hello,

I am testing the latest version of the IOS companion from testflight, and when I send a PostFile request with a digital sound file with a request header with Content-Type configured to audio/mp4 or any other digital data type, the API server shows the event.body: null,
isBase64Encoded: false.

The same operation works well when sending the same binary data using POSTMAN.

Any insight from your end? Is this an issue that happens only from the IOS companion? Anyway to test this using IOS companion? Other than the error sent back by the API server indicating no file received, there are no local errors triggered.

Can anyone help bring some light on this?

Regards,

Hernan

This does appear to be a bug in the PostFile method. I'm taking a look...

Hello Mr. Patton,

Any update on the fix for the PostFIle Request using IOS?

I am testing the latest version of the IOS companion from testflight, and when I send a PostFile request with a digital sound file with a request header with Content-Type configured to audio/mp4 or any other digital data type, the API server shows the event.body: null,
isBase64Encoded: false.

The same operation works well when sending the same binary data using POSTMAN.

Please let me know!

Regards,

Hernan

Hello,

I and continuing to test version 2.65.6 and I am ruuning into another issue that I would like to share and exchange some ideas with anyone folloing this thread.

I am testing the Texting component under the IOS companion using version 2.64.6, I get the error " undefined variable. Irritants: (yail/com.google.appinventor.components.common.ReceivingState)
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds." When I try to set the receiving state to always. In order to receive a texting response from the recipient.

The texting component is supposed to be working under IOS. Please let me know if I am missing something during my testing.

Regards,

Hernan

Sorry I ment version 2.64.6 no 2.65.6

The ReceivingState helper block hasn't been implemented on iOS yet. You will need to use the old integer-based constants.

That said, Apple doesn't really provide any insight into receiving messages. The Texting component can initiate sending a message (via the Messages app), but I don't believe we get any information about whether texts are received. Depending on what you are trying to do it may not be possible in App Inventor.

ListView images in BLOCKS section will be fixed in next release,
Because For dynamic lists with images, ListView is the only option to get it work on iOS

I'm not entirely sure what your message is meant to convey. If you have a bug in the ListView and can share a project with me to investigate I can take a look.

ListView images is not possible to be set through blocks,
It's only possible through ListData property in Designer,
So will this be solved

Hello Mr. Patton,

Have anyone ported the TinyWebDB app from pithon 2.7 to the python 3+? . I just tried to run the 27 version in google cloud through its app engine but python 27 is no longer supported as an option when configuring the app.

Could you let me know if tinyWebDB can be made available on python 3? Since the current tinyWebDB online uses the MIT server and it has a limit to 1000 entries, It is not a viable option.

Also, where you able to check on the WebComponent FilePost no sending any file from the IOS companion using the latest beta version?

Regards, Hernan

Hello,

Have anyone ported the TinyWebDB app from python 2.7 to the python 3+? . I just tried to run the 27 version in google cloud through its app engine but python 27 is no longer supported as an option when configuring the app and if we try to run it using the supported python build, it errs not allowing it to be access through the web link.

Is there a tinyWebDB version for python 3 or NodeJS, etc. Or is there a link to the open source to port the project to a supported version?

Since the current tinyWebDB online uses the MIT server and it has a limit to 1000 entries plus it is open and public, It is not a viable option.

Also has anyone checked on the WebComponent FilePost request no posting the attached file? THe same process works fine using POSTMAN but no through the ai2 using IOS companion and the latest beta version 2.64.6?

Regards, Hernan

Here's my TinyWebDb collection.
If you do something new, tell us so we can add it.

Hello everyone,

I've pushed a new version of the companion app to TestFlight. This version is 2.64.6 (8) and adds some preliminary support for Bluetooth low energy and the Micro:bit UART service. These features are very much a work in progress and more functionality remains to be implemented. If you are interested in helping test these features, you will need to load your projects into ai2-test since it will allow projects with these extensions to still load on iOS.

Regards,
Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
Lead Software Engineer, MIT App Inventor

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

We have released MIT App Inventor version 2.64.6 (13) to Apple TestFlight. This version includes a number of bug fixes for the Trendline component and adds some preliminary support for the PersonalImageClassifier extension.

Cheers,
Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
Lead Software Engineer, MIT App Inventor

FYI noticing that here https://doesappinventorrunonios.com/
under Animations, for the Flung event (for Sprite and for Canvas), is not showing the 'xvel' and 'yvel' under Properties. Is this intentional, or a missed item? (I am going by bold text means it is implemented, grey text means not implemented yet, strike-through means can't be implemented, but I don't know what completely not there means.)

xrel and yrel are parameters of Flung, they are not properties of the Canvas/Sprite. The UI does not show parameters of events. If an event is shown as implemented (black text), then all of its parameters are there.

Hello ewpatton,

Thank you, and yes, my terminology was incorrect, I used the incorrect nomenclature between the Component -- Event -- Properties versus what you see on the Block (for Ball, ImageSprite or Canvas.Flung)

https://doesappinventorrunonios.com/

Block "*.flung"