New Android announcement for the API 14 (level 34)

What is ssk 33

Sorry, it is a typo... sdk 33 (now corrected)...
Taifun

Im really sorry but I am having a hard time understanding the various announcements and terms that you are presenting to me, could you please explain to me how to solve the problem?

And again and again: What problem? There is no problem!

Just ignore any SDK warnings from Google (until August 31, 2024) as long as your app currently targets SDK 33.

If you need to make an urgent update now, do it by building it with the current AI2 version (i.e. targetSdkVersion=33) and uploading it to the Play Store. Then you have until August 31, 2025 to update the app to SDK 34.

1 Like

The test server builder with a yesterday version:

Is not running with my .aia.

Look through the AAPT Errors section for possible ways to break the build

Try again with an almost empty new project.

No problem here to build an APK.

I had re-open the browser and now the test builder is running well. Now I have the right APK generate with the test builder. I don't understand what was happening before because the same aia was right builting with the normal server but not with the test builder. Now is all right.

Hello,
Its Aug 9th.. and the update is not available yet? please let me know. I have modified my app in app inventor and when I upload it to console, it says it is not android 14 compliant.

Thanks

And again and again: IGNORE IT :exclamation:
It's just an annoying warning – same procedure as every year.

1 Like

Apps built in ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu target SDK34, as required by Google. We anticipate having this update on our production servers (ai2.appinventor.mit.edu and code.appinventor.mit.edu) at the end of next weekend (August 17-18).

3 Likes

(added to FAQ)

Hi, I'm Alex, as the title suggests, I have a problem with the API version level required by Google, to be able to publish my app on the Play Store, created with APP Inventor, does anyone know how to update this thing, I'm new to the world APP, Thanks, Alex

I Read it, and still don't understand how to update to API level 34

The update come to main server at August 17-18 i read, so i just wait, thank you

( I know that is in Spanish )

The API Level is lower that is required to make a Play Store Console App, what can I do to have the correct API Level for Android 14?

NOTHING. It's just a warning. Ignore it.
This will only be relevant from August 31, 2024.

Great news...