New Android announcement for the API 14 (level 34)

The test server builder with a yesterday version:

Is not running with my .aia.

Look through the AAPT Errors section for possible ways to break the build

Try again with an almost empty new project.

No problem here to build an APK.

I had re-open the browser and now the test builder is running well. Now I have the right APK generate with the test builder. I don't understand what was happening before because the same aia was right builting with the normal server but not with the test builder. Now is all right.

Hello,
Its Aug 9th.. and the update is not available yet? please let me know. I have modified my app in app inventor and when I upload it to console, it says it is not android 14 compliant.

Thanks

And again and again: IGNORE IT :exclamation:
It's just an annoying warning – same procedure as every year.

1 Like

Apps built in ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu target SDK34, as required by Google. We anticipate having this update on our production servers (ai2.appinventor.mit.edu and code.appinventor.mit.edu) at the end of next weekend (August 17-18).

3 Likes

(added to FAQ)

Hi, I'm Alex, as the title suggests, I have a problem with the API version level required by Google, to be able to publish my app on the Play Store, created with APP Inventor, does anyone know how to update this thing, I'm new to the world APP, Thanks, Alex

I Read it, and still don't understand how to update to API level 34

The update come to main server at August 17-18 i read, so i just wait, thank you

( I know that is in Spanish )

The API Level is lower that is required to make a Play Store Console App, what can I do to have the correct API Level for Android 14?

NOTHING. It's just a warning. Ignore it.
This will only be relevant from August 31, 2024.

Great news...

Here's the message in English with your details included:

Subject: Assistance Required: Issue with Google Play API Level Requirements

Dear App Inventor Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding an issue I am currently facing with Google Console.

I have received the following message from Google Console:

Violation
Your app must target Android version 14 (API level 34) or higher.

Details
To ensure a safe experience for users, Google Play requires all apps to meet the target API level requirements. As of August 31, 2024, if your app does not target an API level released within one year of the latest Android OS version, you will no longer be able to update your app.

Despite updating my app multiple times, the issue persists, and I am unsure how to resolve this. Could you please guide me on how to update my app, "الحاسبة البنكية," to meet the required API level, or if there is a specific process I should follow within App Inventor to ensure compliance with these new requirements?

Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Mohamed
alsharedinfo@gmail.com
الحاسبة البنكية

You can now send this message to the App Inventor support team.

Why? The AI2 team has absolutely nothing to do with this. (The AI2 team only cares about releasing the targetSdk update before Aug 31, 2024.)

For the umpteenth time:

1. It is only a "precautionary" warning.

2. If you have updated an app to targetSdk 34, it may take some time (a few days) for the warning to disappear.

3. The fact that the app was created with AI2 is of no interest to Google and is none of their business (although it can of course be recognized from the package name).

4. Such emails (especially in large numbers) to Google Dev Support could actually achieve something, namely that Google finally reconsiders and ends its idiotic, annually mandatory targetSdk updates and the annoying restrictions that come with them.

Meu app tem uma mensagem no Play Store dizendo, Atualize o nível desejado da API, O app precisa segmentar Android 14 (nível 34 da API) ou mais recentes porque a versão do Android é antiga.
Qual a versão do android é gerada pelo MIT ?

This question has been asked dozens of times. Search the forum.