Tetris : Recreation of 1980's Retro game

Mind blowing extension @Know_About_IT

1 Like

Very nice aix !!! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Really wanted this! Thank you :slight_smile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :star::star::star::star::star: 5 stars

1 Like

Amazing extension

2 Likes

are you using any library? If yes, please credit the library author
Why it’s a good idea to give credit by Corey Wainwright.

Taifun

3 Likes

Nope, not a library, i took reference from some open source GitHub projects

Then please add external links to the GitHub projects.

3 Likes

Umm why? reference is not using the full library but just really small parts of code .

That is still work from others. As you can see from these screenshots, other developers also give credit.

2 Likes

An example except taifun? look taifun is very good and gives credit for every small things but in case of me and others i dont remember from where i take references because i look at a lot of codes for reference so i cant give credit for 100 codes.
Try to understand. :sweat:

2 Likes

However I have customized it much [listeners, custom db, colors, music,etc]

I will make my sources public soon too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You might want to add this reference by editing your topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice job.

In the world of App Inventor having an index of 0 is strange. Indexes start with 1. So to make this work...

I have to subtract a 1 from the index.

Can you change the extension so it accepts 1 as the start of the index instead of 0?

2 Likes

When i first start the game the stones jump 2 positions. When the first stone hits the bottom by using the bottom button then the following stones jump 1 position. If i don't use the bottom button the stones will keep jumping 2 positions.

3 Likes

My bricks :grin:

5 Likes

We provide these kinds of extensions so that you can make games easilly which is not possible with any blocks or in-built components

Tetris and Tictactoe of course can be done by in-build blocks/components, WITH NO NEED of extension.
In case you are intresting, you may visit here:

1 Like

Probably there is, but does this Tetris extension have more functions than the basic Canvas component?

I'm not sure if some feature is still missing even after writing 1k + lines of code

If it takes this much in java itself, you could easily calculate number of blocks needed to do the same :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like