Can't install App Inventor Tool

Here's screenshot of the error, from searching the forum the only suggestion I can find is that it must be installed in the \Program Files (x86)\ folder. However, as you can see in the second screenshot, the installer doesn't actually allow me to choose that as the installation directory. It's pre-populated and locked into installing in the \Program Files\ directory.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Windows 10, Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045.

Install error

I'm on Windows 10.

Last I looked, it landed properly into the right place:

When you ran the install package, did you take the right click option on the executable to Run it As Administrator?

That should avoid permission problems.

Yeah, I'm on the administrator account and selected run as admin. Can't understand it so. Don't know why this file is unable to be opened for writing. AdbWinApi.dll

doesn't seem to be a permission issue, when the error popped up this time, I opened the folder and edited the permissions for everyone to allow write. Then hit retry on the error notification. Came straight up with the same error again.

Is there an existing copy of ADB running? If so, the DLL will be locked to prevent overwriting it by the process. Check the Windows Task Manager and try killing all copies of adb.exe.