Companion Desconection at 20%

Solved @ewpatton . Now is running well. Thanks.
@SteveJG
The problem is in the TURN server because I had full connectivity with Companion and after I had not.

That seems to have fixed it (at least for my district)! We had an issue with Chromebooks not working for a bit, but that cleared up...

Confirmed, works again.

We have deployed an updated fix to the server.

I have re-loaded the website as well as rebooted my cell phones and still having the issue. "The companion has disconnected". Is there anything more I should do?

I am disconnecting again at 20% in BlueStacks emulator, but the Companion on my phone connects okay, by code and by scan.

Not all developer issues are due to the TURB server. If you have a large Project, you might have an issue with your code or your router. See Search results for 'companion has disconnected' - MIT App Inventor Community. That error message mean you cannot connect at all after a while, not stalling at 20%

Do you get the frequent disconnect with a simple Project? Have you ever connected without issues?

If you're using Firefox, could you send a screenshot of the table that is shown on the about:webrtc page when you expand the details section for ai2 (or code, if you're using that).

Are you using Android or iOS?

The projects I am use were developed by Runestone Academy. I have worked with these projects over the summer and it was working great. Yes I have connected without issues. This morning when I came in (8 am Arizona time) working just fine. I checked again at 12:20pm (Arizona Time) and was working fine. It was not until 30 min later we started to see this issue.

cell phones I am using are on Android

Haven't used Firefox in a while.

This popup appeared trying to connect to BlueStacks.
Allowing it cleared my connection error.

The about:webrtc table (new tab required)

Retrying Brave connection to BlueStacks still failed at 20%, so the firewall permission did not help Brave. Brave did not recognize about:webrtc

Brave is based on Chromium, so the magic URL will be chrome://webrtc-internals

Anything in particular?

webrtc_internals_dump.txt (106.9 KB)

Ok, so looking at the Brave log it looks like it is not establishing a potential relay route with the TURN server, as you would see the server IP (128.52.137.132) in the list of local candidates. You can compare that with the Firefox screenshot where the route does get established. I'm not sure why Brave is failing here. Do you see any errors in the developer console when you try connecting that suggest it is failing?

Brave Developer Console log.txt (21.4 KB)

This project just had a FireBase component, nothing more.

Hello,

I have the same problem too. But it is weird that when I used Companion in Bluestacks, it failed to connect when the process was around 20%. If I used Companion in Android smartphone, it worked. The browser is Chrome. Before Monday of this week, no problems were found, and this happened from Monday to now.

This thread should be moved to the thread discussion for the recent TURN server changes.
(From my phone)

I believe I have all of the issues sorted out and Firefox, Chrome and Brave should all work correctly now.

Connected successfully to BlueStacks from Brave.
So far so good!