Double Entry to Gsheet when using AfterPicking item from Listview

Hello,

Im writing an app that transfers "UserID" , "Amount" and selected item on Listpicker. The two former items are collected from a Notifier that asks the user for them:

Here's the populated Listview:

AfterClicking, First entry is UserID:

Next Entry is the "Amount":

Looking at the Responseform in real time I see that clicking 'ok' on the first notifier, theres an entry on both column 2 and 3. Same with the second notifier. Double entry. I want one after the other, i.e UserID, Amount, ListView selection on column 2,3,4 respectively. Btw, no issue with Column 4.

Here's the blocks:

I have tried:

• If I could get the Notifier to ask the two inputs at a time, I reckon it would solve the issue. So I tried using AltNotifier extension but that only seems to assist preventing "cancel" as an entry. Also forces a numerical value for amount. Helpful but doesnt help with this issue.
    -Also tried using the customnotifier.aia but this only modifies the number of notifier buttons, not user-typed entries. (Notifier: is it possible to expand the maximum of two buttons/options to choose from? - #4 by TIMAI2)
    -Tried creating a local variable that handles 'list from csv.' i.e. splicing the entries into index 2 and 3 respectively. I got the "cannot parse the text argument from csv..." error.

Please help this rookie. I have feeling its right under my nose (I am overthinking)

Thanks in advance

P.S. Also tried adding another Notifier so the fields come in one by one and all hell broke loose. Got the "Cannot accept argument" error

Here you set an entry to an entry....

I had it like this before with same result:

Well this:

will return the same response for Notifier 1 twice. You need a second notifier, and capture the response to a variable for userID, then use that in your your second notifier response.

I tried using two notifiers and variable "input" for UserID

But returned, UserID in Amount column and Amount totally ignored:

Sorry I am struggling with this.

To use multiple Notifiers for Text Input, you have to daisy chain them.

Issue the ShowTextDialog for item n+1 in the AfterTextInput event for item n.

Also, don't do the Post until after the last TextInput has arrived and is okay.

The basics:

You can add more tests (is Empty, Is Valid, etc.)

1 Like

Dear TIMA12,
Works exactly as it should. You are an angel. Thank You for teaching me this daisy chain technique. I understand now why there was double entry. Putting both Notifiers in the AfterTextInput block fired off the response twice. But by nesting notifier1 into a variable, along with Notifier2 into the AfterTextInput block sends both inputs once.

Final Blocks and Response output:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.