Force Timepicker dialog to show hours (not minutes) when re-launched

Hello,

is it possible to force Timepicker to show the hour choice dialogue when the dialog is re-launched (device-default theme)? I experienced that it returns to the same state as the previous selection has been made - either the hour choice or the minute choice or the keyboard input.

Usually one selects hours first, and then minutes. When the timepicker is re-launched (with possibly another time from another record) then it shoud be again hours first, then minutes. Unfortunately, as it remembers the last state, it is the other way round: it shows minutes and one needs to learn that to get to the hour selection state, it needs an extra click on the displayed hour number.

If such option is not available yet, please, could you implement it as a new property or method?

As there are no replies I just wonder if anyone else experienced this behavior, or if it is just problem of my phone and/or my app.

I believe that simply this is how it works. You/users would just have to get used to clicking on the hours before leaving the picker.

Thanks, I was afraid that it is not bug but a bit annoying feature :frowning:
Sadly, one can switch from hours to minutes by making the choice, but not the other way round.

You can, just press on the hours or minutes, then when next used it will open up with whichever you pressed.

I mean on the dial, not on the title (if it is what you suggest), or am I wrong?

Perhaps this will help ?

It is possible your timepicker looks different, this is from Android 12, in an emulator (Genymotion) using Companion.

Thanks for your nice animation (I have no abilities to make such). The picker is the same as mine and it perfectly shows both phenomena I have in mind:

• on the 21st second of the animation you return to the previous state of choosing minutes while I would prefer to have some ability to reset it to ''hours state''
  • the transition from hours to minutes on the 4th second can also be made by clicking on the blue disk on the number 17 on the dial. If one wants to return to ''hours state'', (s)he has to click on top in the blue rectangle as in the 7th second, i.e. it does not suffice to click on the blue disk at the position of 16 on the dial. (That's what I mean it does not work in both ways the same.)

Or to phrase these issues another way: for the first visit of the picker there is no need to click the top blue rectangle at all, so the cursor trajectory is short and convenient. It suffices to move only between two components in the middle and in the bottom of the picker. But for further visits its more complicated as all three parts have to be visited (unless one inserts the number through the keyboard).

Of course, it is possible to live with it, but it seems to me it could be made even more handy :slight_smile: