Help me. phone 1 sends signals with 4 arrow keys (up, down, left, right), and phone 2 receives those signals and outputs them to an Arduino to control a motor

Hello everyone. I’m a new member learning about MIT App Inventor and I hope to receive your support. I currently have a model where phone 1 sends signals with 4 arrow keys (up, down, left, right), and phone 2 receives those signals and outputs them to an Arduino to control a motor. I want to control the motor via phone for convenience and ease of use, and still be able to video call. I hope everyone can help. Thank you all!

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you tell us more about your project?
How do you plan to transfer signals from Phone 1 to Phone 2?

What does video calling mean in this context?

Thank you so much! My project is to build a small robot that can move and communicate with my parents who live in the countryside. I want to attach an Android phone to the robot and use Arduino to control its movement. I'm envisioning using a separate phone to control the robot's movement with arrow keys - for example, pressing the up arrow would make the robot move forward. I also want to connect the cameras of both phones so I can have video chats with my parents. My idea is still in its early stages, and I would really appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thank you so much!

Very interesting project. Since you are new to App Inventor I would advice you to break your requirements into many parts and get them working individually.

What I mean by this is

1. First get Phone 1 and Phone 2 to be able to communicate with each other.
    Explore components like Bluetooth.
  2. Then try to get a phone successfully communicating with the Arduino.

After you successfully test and learn to demonstrate each steps separately, at all, combine them to form your project.