Image on a Ball Sprite

Hello,
• Is there an extension that allows one to add an image to a ball sprite instead of just a color background?

• Is there any particular reason why this hasn't been implemented within the app?

Thank You

I do not think you can add a color background to a Ball but you can change the color of the Ball itself.

The difference between a Ball and an ImageSprite is that the latter can get its appearance from an image file, while a Ball ’s appearance can only be changed by varying its PaintColor and Radius properties.

Developers can possibly use an ImageSprite with an image of a ball with a transparent background to simulate what you hope to do with a Ball.

I meant to say ball color and not a background color (my bad)

I was thinking of creating a simple soccer app but if the ball is only a color it makes no sense to build one!

Just make an image of a football (UK English), with transparent corners, and set that to an image sprite.

Maybe I am asking a stupid question; Would the image sprite act the same as a ball sprite?

The only difference would be with collisions, because an imageSprite has corners...

Interesting!
Thank you for being so helpful.