Is it possible to add native (.so) libraries to extensions

Hello everybody,
I have been working on my extension where I wish to add native (.so) libraries to my extension to implement some library, I searched for it in community and found this by Sir @ewpatton,

I wanted to know that is there any update to this, or is there any alternative for this...

Thank you :smiley:

It is completely possible to use .so libraries in App Inventor. You just have to include it in the assets, (x84 family, arm family versions x7 x8). After you have included them, at runtime, query about the device's supported ABIs which you are going to match(x84 and arm family) with the included .so native assets. Then you have to unpack the native asset into a place accessibly by the application, preferably the files directory. Then you can manually start the library using System.load(path).

Additionally, If you are planning to use native library from a high level library pack, then you may have to manually fill in the Native Interfaces, if not already added.

Let me open source my library for good: GitHub - XomaDev/NativeInject
It extracts the native libraries from a highly compressed format (LZMA/XZ) locally and loads them.

7 Likes

Thanks @Kumaraswamy for your explanation :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.