My app is paired to the device but won't connect

Hello. I'm new to this app inventor thing and after half a day, managed to make this app:

The functions of the app is basically: after receiving a string from the Arduino device, the app sends a message as well as the user's GPS to the registered numbers.

My problem is that I can't connect the app to the device, which means I couldn't test if the functionalities work. Does anyone have insights on this problem?

I currently have the GetApiLevel, BluetoothLE, and UrsAI2SideBar extensions.

Start small! First make an app that connects to your Arduino and maybe gets a simple message from that Arduino.
If you want better help, tell us what kind of Arduino, and what kind of Bluetooth you have. Share your .ino and your .aia

Make also an app that sends messages to phones, without the BT connection, just to check whether you can send them.
When both of these things work, combine them. That is the beauty of App Inventor that this is easy to do.

Don't use empty text for TinyDB tags.

Hello there. After a few days I found a tutorial that allows me to manually connect to my device by inputting the device address. Now my problem is that the signals from the device does not trigger the app's automatic messaging function.

The device uses an Arduino Nano with a 4-pin HC-05 Bluetooth Module

Here is the block image and .aia, as well as my Arduino .ino:

Simplisafe_app.aia (1.1 MB)

sketch_prefinal.ino (1.1 KB)

My first reaction to looking at your code is: this is total "something the forum does not allow me to write"!
I told you to start over and start with something simple. First of all, HC-05 uses BT, not BLE, so, you should remove the BLE extension and all related blocks.

So, make an app that connects to your Arduino and displays received text in a textbox, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Then, make an app the sends a texting message to a specific phone AND NOTHING ELSE.

Then, learn about lists. Looking at your blocks, even from afar, I can see that there is lots of duplication. That is not necessary and hard to maintain.

Then, I am not so sure about this sidebar thing. It has never heard about lists either. What if you need item 6, while the maximum is 5. You cannot make a generic procedure to catch which item is selected.
I am wondering whether you would not be better off having a listpicker, or a listview.

Then, learn about procedures. These avoid having lots of duplicate code which makes your app easier to understand and maintain.

Then, you make a third app. By first loading app1 and copy its blocks into the backpack, then loading app2 and copying its blocks into the backpack.
Then, make the interface for the real app, an load the blocks from the backpack, Of course you need to have the right components in your app already.

Again, you really need only ONE texting component and not 13.

Good luck.