New Android announcement for the API 14 (level 34)

No, I don't. And I have a dozen apps in the Play Store for more than 10 years.

Everybody in this forum writes in english language and not with anything else and not writes in a picture. Please, do it also.

this will be announced also in this thread

welcome back to the community!

We have a translate option, so if someone is writing for example in french, you get that symbol below the text and after clicking that world symbol you get a translation

Taifun

3 posts were split to a new topic: Why do we need the translate button?

Translating is not the problem, but text in images is a problem - but: crib and then translating would be a solution :wink:

Yes, see also here: How to ask a question (open new topic)

I think this thread is getting a bit off topic. We have a technical preview if you'd like to test it. Please report issues with the Android 34 changes here.

1 Like

On July 12th I built my app with the technical server, but even if the release indicates level 34, Google still tells me that I am not compliant with that version

Yes, this might take 1-2 days for this message to disappear.

However, you can ignore Google's warnings regarding targetSdk 34 before Aug 31, 2024 anyway.

Hi there, I'm sorry, but what is the solution to this problem again?

Hello, I just received this email:
Your app version 4.0 is targeting an old version of Android and it cannot be installed on devices with Android 15. To fix this issue, the ‘targetSdkVersion’ attribute needs to be set to 24 or above in the Application manifest file. Please, how to go about this! Thank you.

1. EDIT: Post a screenshot of this message.*
  2. What SDK version does your app target?

.* Furthermore, this is a specific question that only concerns the Amazon Appstore.

Hello,
The message:
The Amazon Appstore QA Team has identified that your Basic Line-Dot Drawing app version 4.0 is targeting an old version of Android and it cannot be installed on devices with Android 15. To fix this issue, the ‘targetSdkVersion’ attribute needs to be set to 24 or above in the Application manifest file.

I edited my last post.
Why the app has to target Android 7.0 is likely to remain Amazon's secret.

Is this what you need?

No, but this...

And I don't see what your problem might be.

Ok, then and thank you!

ONLY if someone wants to publish a new app or release an update. Existing apps currently targeting Android 13 (SDK 33) will NOT be required to do so until August 31, 2025.