Problems with BLE app after Samsung S22 software update

Hello, I have an app that uses BLE to communicate with a device to download logged data to a file. This app has worked fine for some time, until a software update on my Samsung S22 (Android version 14, Samsung One UI version 6.1). The app could show BLE devices, but upon trying to connect, the app suddenly crashes. Switching to Ai2 Companion, and the app worked fine. After some searching, I tried updating the BLE extension from 20230728 to 20240322-beta2, however this seems to break even the Ai2 Companion. So upon switch back to 20230728, and now nothing seems to work... Ai2 companion appears to load the app, but the screen on the S22 is stuck on the Companion screen, and no error is shown on the host PC. No error message are seen anywhere. Any thoughts?

Welcome.
Try this BLE Extension.

Two things:

1. Based on the description of your error, it sounds like your Samsung model is one of the ones having trouble loading extensions on Android 14. Try installing companion version 2.72d4
  2. To fix some permission related issues on newer Android versions, the latest BLE extension is now 20240822.
1 Like

After updating to BLE 20240822 and companion 2.72d4, both the companion version of the app as well as the apk work as before! Thank you so much for the timely support!

Any error message?
use the latest BLE extension (202408?? from the top of my mind)