RECEIVER_EXPORTED or RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED sould be specified, Android 14

Hi,

Today I got this error that I never got before :
Error from Companion: edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3: One of RECEIVER_EXPORTED or RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED should be specified when a receiver isn't being registered exclusively for system broadcast

I have absolutely no Idea where this is come from
I found that a new security requirement on android 14 : android - One of RECEIVER_EXPORTED or RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED should be specified when a receiver isn't being registered exclusively for system broadcasts - Stack Overflow

But I have no idea how I can resolve this issue,

Thanks a lot for your help

Which extensions are you using, you either need the latest versions or one/more of them has not yet been updated to cope with API 34 / Android 14

Also you could have searched the community for this.

1 Like

The bug come from the BluetoothLE extension.
I'm already on the last version of the extension :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Is that version 20240822 ?

You might also need to try an updated companion:

I'm really sorry, I made a mistake. I tried to remove the BluetoothLE extension from my app, but the bug was still there. Then, I removed the only other extension I have (NotificationStyle), and the bug disappeared. So there's nothing wrong with BluetoothLE; the issue is with NotificationStyle. I'm going to investigate further in this direction and check forums about that.

Are you using the latest version?

Oh, No
I looked for the latest version, but I never found this one.
It's 1.8, and I was and 1.7, and they talk about my issue so that probably the solution !
Thank you very much for all your help from both of you

Have a really nice day

The BLE extension doesn't use receivers, so I don't think that's it.