Sound to string/base64

I would need an extension what transfer a sound (record) to text and later I can tranform back. Or with how to send sound with udplistenerrel

Hello,

take a look here:

1 Like

Thanks I would try it

I have a problem with that I sen the string and transform back, and I get an erro file doesnt exist when I try to play it

Check you file paths. Can you see where the file is saved ? Are you supplying the correct path to the "player" ?

I think there (the first purple block) you save the file (string to file), because I send the information to another device what transform the text into sound again

Where does the "purple" block save the file ? Are you sure a file is saved ?

Ask yourself, can the player access that file just from the filename, or does it need the path to the file ?

I am not sure can you help please?

On what Android version are you testing this ?

android 7

I'll need to fire up an Android 7 device to see where things are going.

OK, here is an example, tested with companion on an Android 7 device. I don't have a UDPListener running, so simply generated a sound file first, converted it to base64, then converted it back to a file. You should be able to see how to use the correct file paths to be able to play the file.

returnBase64SoundFileAndroid7.aia (24.2 KB)

Thanks I going to try it

Sorry but dont want to be working

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I use his aia and its not working

Did you look in the Music folder?

there is no music file (with that name)

You are saying you do not have a "Music" directory in your external storage ?

/storage/emulated/0/Music

I understood that every android device should come with one as default...