Text to speech , language not on the list

Hi Team,

I need to use text to speech in my app. Language "Polish" is not listed on my device, so its normal that when I send someting in Polish to Text to Speech module is not saying nothing ( when set on default ). When I senect other languae for example EN of course it`s trying to speak in other language but it not ok.

Is there any change to upload or add my language to the device list so I can make my app speak polish ? Funny is that in default it works on later version of Androin and now on Android 10 I cannot use it any more.

Importatnt is that device it self meaning google is speaking Polish fluently when sayning „ok google „ outside my app.

How to solve this ? I don`t want to ask user to do anything outside the app. Loading something additionally to android or install something more than my app.

Unfortunately, the default text-to-speech component on MIT App Inventor does not support Polish. Perhaps you could try searching for TTS extensions that do contain the Polish language.

You may be able to update your Android device's TTS languages with this TTS update from Google. It has Polish language, then set your device default to Polish.

o use Google Text-to-speech on your Android device, go to Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output. Select Google Text-to-speech Engine as your preferred engine. Note, on many Android devices, Google Text-to-Speech is already turned on, but you can update to the latest version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tts .

Will it work? You will need to try and test and let us know.

2 Likes

Thank You. Now it work perfectly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.