The app inventor with sdk 34 doesn't generate apk and aab correctly and the apk doesn't work. Help

Hello everyone
Today I have trying to generate apk and aab with the new sdk and it's not posible, the platform doesn't work well and it's not posible to open the apk and I have upload to google and there is a problem, the console shown me a message saying the app is not posible start
Whats the problem, what can I do?

Hello Monika

I have produced several working APKs with the latest App Inventor (NB198), there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the platform.

If you can't open your APK, why would you try to upload to Google?

There is a myriad of reasons why an App will fail to start - often as not, it is because it contains a large compressed image and the device is unable to decompress it. Many other reasons, see my List:

ProfessorCad: Tips & Tricks Cannot Build/Install/Run APK

Hi Chris
Thank you for your answer.
I had generqte another upload apk without problem from this platform and this apk, that yesterday couldn't generate I have in apk but it was in sdk 33.
That problem for me only has been yesterday, it hasn't a new images and its the same that the other but in other languaje.

Could be it was a puntual problem yesterday , I hope today works normaly if nobody has had the similar problem.
Thanks.

Hi again
I have try to generate the apk but all tthe time is the same answer the time has been tooo longe ans it has not possible to buioding.
Then I have try to generate the other apk that I have upload to google past week and now is not possible, the answer is the same too long time to packing....
I have checked all screen and there is not mistakes , there is nothing, I have reduiced the size of images from 100 pixeles to 96 but nothing change the situation.
If I test with the mobil o tablet the app, they work without problem, then.....where is the problem or mistake?

Does your app use the BluetoothLE extension? If so, there was an update last week to fix a crash on Android 14. We might be able to provide more targeted guidance if you shared a screenshot of the specific error message you're seeing when you try to compile the app and/or start the compiled app.

No, my aplication doesn't used bluetooth, its very simple aplication and I have had that problem never before.
Tomorrow I will try to generate again and if its not possible I will take picture to the notification.
Today it was not possible to generate because it was too long time packing but yesterday, generate an aplication that it was not possible to start...I cann't understand what is hapening...

The time is finishing and I cann't to generate de aab or apk.
I have done a video to show how working the app like companion and it hasn't mistakes and I take picture to the platform said.

"The compilation has fallen"(connection timed out)

before this message has been an internal mistake and before the apk has generate but it's not posible to start.
Im desesperate.

this is the new message:
server error: compilation failed. Please try again later!

Post the aia.

Does it take roughly 1 minute before this error appears? The most likely candidates are either your project is larger than 32 MB or that it has so many files in it that it takes more than 1 minute to package into the bundle to send to the buildserver. You may want to move your project to code.appinventor.mit.edu, which has fewer restrictions.

1 Like

This app has not problem in the other platform before. It only has 15 Mb. Its exactly like the other apk in another languaje.
There is not mistake in any screen and the problem is doing diferent each time:
-generate but doesn't work

• doesn't generate because has been too long time
    -has had an internal mistake.

anyone else having issues with apk generation?

With your permission I can access your App Inventor account and run some tests on the project.

of course if you can make it work I will be very gratefull

have you gotten something?
I have tried another time this morning, taken out some blocks and always is the same.

Hello Monika

1. How many screens does your App have?
  2. How many files are there in the Project Media Tray?
  3. Which Browser are you using (Name and Version)?
  4. Finally - are you using a Table Arrangement layout component anywhere in the Project?

Hello Chris
This app is the same that I had before with the same screens, pictures...
I have checked all images and they haven't problem.
I have another apk like this but is in another language and the other aplication hasn't problem and this before either.
Like I upload to google console I have received the report and in the six phones has the same problem: java.lang.RuntimeException: Font asset not found por defecto
Then I have seen that the font.ttf is in the app but I have upload again and the problem follow there. Mit app generate de apk but this apk is not possible to start.
The other apk has the same font and this had the same font in sdk 33 working well.

If I remember correctly there is a language problem with the font selector.

Try changing all your por defecto to default

Hi everyone
At last, I have change all label, button and any place where it was possible to write and I put the font that I have used in the rest of the apk. Now the apk is working and the right .aab is in google console.
The idea to upload the apk sdk 34 to google console has been very good idea because they have can tell me where the problem was and with your help, I have can take a solution.
Thank you very much.