Video player help

Its good

deleted sorry

ops its deleted

its also

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

deleted post

you cant read this

well, I would follow the suggestion and use a html file in your assets, see again

Taifun

I dont use website. I use an extension what load html and I dont know whats the problem because in my pc its work, but in my tablet it doesnt

What is wrong with calling an html file locally (this is not a website, just a file) ?

deleted

The reason this does not work is that the htmlLoader generates a "file" for the webviewer to display, but it has no idea where your video file is. You would need to provide a relative path to the video file (which you just cannot do if the video file is in the assets). You would need to understand where the html file is created, and even then, it probably would not be possible to copy the file to that location without underlying java code. It may be that a file is not created at all, in which case it has no idea about the android file system your app is running in.

To work around this:

1. Have your video on a online resource (file server) and get the url for that video file, and use that in your html.

2. Do as we have been saying, and make an html file of your html, put it in the assets along with your video file.

Put the html file and the video file in your assets (media folder)

As you have already shown, you should just need the filename of the video file in your html

You then open the html file in the webviewer:

http://localhost/your.html (replacing your with the name of your html file)

No
This works only after building the app...
Why don't you just try the suggestions?

Taifun
PS: I removed the solution matker, because that path does not work in the companion app

1 Like

The suggested solution by @TIMAI2 not only works offline, it works even in the companion app... your solution not

Taifun

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Well, it looks like somewhere you changed a tiny bit of something... unfortunately we do not know where...

Do you like to present the relevant parts of your test project and production project here?

Also it might help to follow the suggestions we made earlier...

Taifun

You can't play a file from the assets like this

src="assets/video.mp4

Read the previous answers and follow the advice already given earlier

Taifun

1 Like

No it is you coding/blocks that is causing the problem.

We have told you what to do several times....

1 Like