Companion is not working in Chrome

I am using Companion on Brave or any Chromium browser it said Network disconnected after 20%.

But on the other hand when I use to connect companion with firefox it is working as butter.

But I am concerned for that I don't like FireFox.

1 Like

Are you accessing your projects from a PC itself? Or are you doing everything on the phone? Phone is not recommended for app development, and only recommended for app testing.

Also show us the project blocks or send AIA for further testing.

1 Like

Any blank or filled aia file or project gives me error on companion after 20% on my laptop.

1 Like

It works for me flawlessly, maybe try doing basic things like reloading AI2, restarting the browser and/or the laptop, it should work. Otherwise it is a network or project specific issue.

1 Like

Bring me settings of brave to run as I see on the YouTube there is a setting but I can't be able to find that settings.

1 Like

What setting?
I tested it on Brave without any modifications.

1 Like

1 Like

Instead, it works perfectly for me with Chrome.

I also used chrome browser but not worked.

1 Like

Are you using the same wifi on your computer and phone? There are no more reports of the companion not working, so the problem is local.

Same wifi is used.

1 Like

This is certainly a network issue...

Browser extensions?

Windows firewall setting different by browser?

1 Like

What do you mean by it?

1 Like

WHen I searched the board for '20%', I came across this old thread, also about a 20% Companion stall, and noticed from its post about how Windows Defender treated Firefox and Brave differently in their permissions to use WebRTC, the current primary Companion connect technique.

This is from a long thread.

The 20% points to a particular stage of the Companion connection process.

The browser difference localized to your particular machine points to something on your PC or its network environment.

What do I mean by it?

Your next job is to study your local PC's firewall settings, program by program, and to look for differences in how it treats your different web browsers.

Keep us posted.

1 Like

How to see and do that?

1 Like

My MIT ai2 companion is crashing again and again after the connection
See video :

1 Like

Checking the Companion's Use Legacy Connection might fix this. WebRTC might not be working well with your ISP.

I know there exists such a technique from that old thread I found, but I have not done it in years.

Google is your friend, as they say.

2 Likes