Technical Preview: Android SDK 34 Update

Thanks @Anke, but I already tried it in an empty project too and there is an error with the server.

Confirmed (but works fine yesterday):

Yes, yesterday it was fine, could it be a direct problem with the server? maybe

1 Like

@ewpatton

@ewpatton unfortunately building on the test server still fails with the following message

Build failed! Build server responded with response code 502.

502 Bad Gateway

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

it also fails builiding an empty project...

Taifun

The server has limited memory and too many builds caused the OS to terminate the buildserver process. I've restarted the buildserver in the meantime and will look at migrating it to a machine with more RAM.

Hello ! I need update urgently my app to sdk34 , my project has a lot of content, but the test link (https://sdk34-dot-ai2-ewpatton-temp.appspot.com/) does not generate the apk file an error occurs.

Please search the forum. This question has been asked multiple times (by the way, its the same unnecessary procedure every year).

We've moved the SDK 34 support over to ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu.

4 Likes

Compiling apk-files on test-server is working fine with API-Level 34, but do i have to export and import the .aia-file later on MIT production server?

Best is to backup your projects yourself
And later if you want to work on one of the projects, import it to App Inventor

If you like to use the test server to publish a project in Google Play, don't forget to use the correct keystore, see also

Taifun

1 Like

I have tested my app with the new builder for SDK34 and the .apk runs well. I have not extensions because my app is the same for Android and iOS. For me is all good in the test builder https://ai2-test-appinventor-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/. The new apk with SDK 34 is a bit biger than the old.

@ewpatton when have you planned to free the normal Ai2 builder with the SDK34?

Please :pray: – hasn't this question been asked often enough? What on earth is the problem?

Is not a problem. Only is a easy question about if is possible to can know a forecast date before the end of August. No more.

The forecast date for release is before August 31 2024 :+1:

Dear Sir, I have an app made with Mit app inventor 2 and i desire to store in Google Store but they say me i must have SDK 34 instead of SDK 33. I don't know how i have to proceed.
Thank you very much in advance for the help.
Alberto Giacomuzzi

Again & again ...
IGNORE IT until August 31, 2024

1 Like

After many attempts, I can't upload the project from the computerProcessing: Untitled.png…